Products & Availability
Benefits offered in all Medicare Supplement insurance policies have been standardized so they can be easily compared between insurance carriers. There are eleven Medicare Supplement plans: Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, Plan D, Plan F, Plan F High Deductible, Plan F, Plan K, Plan L, Plan M, and Plan N. Each plan must offer the same basic coverage according to federal law.
Every insurance company must make Plan A available, but can choose which other plans they will offer. State Mutual carries all Medicare Supplement or medigap policies except Plans K and L.
All other plans include these basic benefits:
- Medicare Part A hospital coinsurance
- Medicare Part A extended hospital coverage (365 days after Medicare benefits end)
- Medicare Part A hospice outpatient prescription drug co-payment and inpatient respite care coinsurance
- Medicare Part B coinsurance
- Medicare Parts A and B first three pints of blood
Check to see if State Mutual offers Medicare Supplement insurance in your state: